problem with download

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Thu Jan 28 10:49:50 EST 2010

Angie Stewart spake unto us the following wisdom:
> tried to download pidgin to my computer
> for instant messaging for my teenage daughter
> but got an error that told me to email pidgin
> for a new copy of the installation.
>
> it says
> installer integrity check has failed.common causes
> include incomplete download and damaged media.
> contact installer's author to obtain a new copy.
>
> can you help?

If you got your Pidgin from http://pidgin.im/download/ (or our
Sourceforge download pages), your download was simply not completed
correctly.  Delete the file you downloaded and try again.

If you got it from somewhere else, it is possibly a corrupt file.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.