Unable to send the message, the conversation couldn't be started

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Thu Jan 28 16:31:32 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 14:35, Scott & Ramona Worden, Timber Lake
Creations <srwtlc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Daniel,
>
> It appears that the firewall and ports are correct, but the Win 7  computer
> will not send/receive an IM from Pidgin/Bonjour.  It can see the other
> computers in the Buddy list just fine.  If it makes any difference, I'm
> using a Linksys router with DD-WRT firmware.  The two XP computers work
> fine.  One is wired to the router along with the Win 7 one and the other is
> wireless.  It seems like it's something to do with Win 7, but I'm not
> finding what it is.

With Bonjour, being able to "See" buddies and being able to initiate a
conversation with them works quite differently.

You'll need to get a debug log (using Help->Debug Window) from the
Windows 7 machine from when you try to initiate a conversation with
one of of the other machines for us to have a better idea of what
exactly is happening.

My bet is still on a firewall of some variety.

-D