pidgin log in to skype?

Programmer In Training pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
Fri Jan 29 11:49:17 EST 2010

On 1/29/2010 10:38 AM, Brian Morrison wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 17:29:19 +0100
> Fecooka <fecooka at freemail.hu> wrote:
>
>> But.. is there any possibility to log in skype account too? Cause i'd
>> like to have only one chat program for MSN and Skype too.
>
> There is a Skype plugin, it is not written or supported by the Pidgin
> developers, and it can't be included with Pidgin due to its
> incompatible licence.
>
>> Please send me a link to download this plugin!
>
> You will need to search for this yourself, although there might be some
> links in the list archive if you search there.

I've used the Skype plugin and I do /not/ recommend it at all. You still
have to have Skype open and logged in to use it. All the plugin does is
merge the buddy list with Pidgin (supposedly, it didn't work at all for
me the way it said it would) to let you know who is and isn't online.
All IMs, Voice and Video stuff is still handled by Skype.

--
Yours In Christ,

PIT