Pidgin 2.7.2 released!

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña jfs at debian.org
Sun Jul 25 08:06:59 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 09:49:38AM -0700, Mark Doliner wrote:
> No Windows builds yet, but hopefully some dashing person will build
> them soon (to whom it may concern: Ethan thinks there might be a
> change related to using translations in Windows that I didn't merge
> into the 2.7.2 branch?  If you know what he's talking about, we might
> need to include that in our 2.7.2 packages).

I would appreciate if the Windows builds fixed the ticket #12370 [1] I just
submitted.

I have received quite a few messages from users saying that the Windows
offline installation would not allow them to install it in Spanish and get
the translation.

I'm not a Pidgin Window user mysefl, but I have debugged this today and found
that the issue seems to be with the Windows installer. Actually, it seems
that it might affect more languages than Spanish as the list of available
languages does not seem to be complete.

Regards

Javier

[1] http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/12370