HELP WITH PIDGIN

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Sun Jul 25 09:36:07 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 17:40, Barbara Berest <bberest at t-com.me> wrote:
> Hello:
>

> I am using Pidgin with Olark on my website to provide live chat support to
> my visitors.  I do not have any experience in this and have several
> questions:

I'm not familiar with "Olark", but it appears to be some sort of web
interface for people to send XMPP messages.

> In the case that several visitors seek to chat at the same time while my
> operator (I just have one operator per shift) is already chatting with a
> customer, is there some way for the operator to send an automatic message to
> the rest of the visitors waiting in queue to chat, such as ‘one moment
> please…’?  Would the buddy pounce have something to do with this issue?

Something like this is probably possible to do with a plugin - i'm not
aware of an existing plugin that would do it.  It is also possible
that your "Olark" server can do this.  Buddy Pounces are unrelated.

> I use Pidgin to communicate with any visitor to my website.  Are all
> visitors automatically my Buddies?  I need to be buddies with anyone who
> signs in to my website.  Is this possible?  Without knowing who they are
> beforehand.

This is something you should seek support from Olark for - Pidgin is
just a client and has no ability to integrate with your website.

> Can I Buddy Pounce on any visitor to my website automatically?  To configure
> this, what would I input for “Account” and “Buddy name” again, if I do not
> know them beforehand (as in question 2 above).

No, Buddy Pounces are for specific users that are already in your buddy list.

> Should I be able to track a visitor to my website?  To know which page of my
> website he visiting at one moment or another? How can I do this?

This is not related to Pidgin at all.

-D