Pidgin 2.7.2 released!

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Sun Jul 25 10:35:32 EDT 2010

On 07/25/2010 08:32 AM, David Woolley wrote:
> Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
>
>> I have received quite a few messages from users saying that the Windows
>> offline installation would not allow them to install it in Spanish and
>> get
>> the translation.
>
> Then submit enough translations of the text in the installer to push it
> above 50%.

David is correct--if you translate more than half of the Windows Installer
strings in your .po file, then the language will be an available option in the
installer language selector.  Selecting a language there will cause Pidgin to
run in the selected language.

> It is unlikely to be an error, but much more likely to be the policy
> that the translations be at least 50% complete.

The 50% requirement is imposed by the perl script we use to extract installer
strings from the .po files.  We could trivially change this, but in my opinion,
forcing translators to translate enough to create an installer that's actually
useful in a given language is a good thing.

John