apt-get update PPA errors with Ubuntu 10.04

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Sun Jul 25 11:43:08 EDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-07-25 at 07:34 +0200, nodnolse1 at gmail.com wrote:
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/pidgin-developers/ppa/ubuntu/dists/lucid/Release
> Unable to find expected entry  deb-src/binary-i386/Packages in
> Meta-index file (malformed Release file?)

I have no idea what would be causing this, but it doesn't seem like the
sort of thing I have any control over. I was going to update the
packages this weekend, but routing problems with my ISP's upstream have
made that difficult. It looks like things are finally fixed this
morning, so I can get back to that.

I'd recommend you try the upgrade again tomorrow and see if it works.

Richard