Pidgin 2.7.2 released!

David Balažic david.balazic at comtrade.com
Mon Jul 26 11:23:23 EDT 2010

John Bailey wrote:

> On 07/26/2010 09:59 AM, Ethan Blanton wrote:
> > Automatically is the key word here.  You certainly can select it.  I
> > agree with your point below that this requires people to know their
> > way around the installer; I haven't *used* the installer, so I don't
> > know why this selection is hard to find.
>
> "Localizations" is one of the last groups of selectable
> components.  It requires
> that a user scroll downward in a small scrollable area.  This
> is apparently
> beyond most of our users who complain.

Putting a larger object list into a 320x130 pixel sized box when there
are 1920x1200 on the monitor is, mildly put, idiotic.
I'm sure there is not much pidgin developers can do about it, but I
hope they pass the criticism upstream.

Also having to set env variables to make a selection is...
C'mon, it is 2010!

Regards,
David