connection problems

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sat Jul 31 17:58:56 EDT 2010

Silvia Zamperin wrote:

> I have a problem with connection on pidgin with my hotmail account.

Did you mean your MSN account?  That's breaking news.  Given the
importance of MSN, I'm sure someone will start working on it as soon as
the news reaches them.  I'd suggest monitoring the bug tracker as that
is more likely to tell you the progress of the workarounds.

> Do you know if someone is managing it?

I can't find any recent bug tracker entry for the current MSN problem,
so I suspect it is too new.  Are you able to produce a properly
documented bug report? If so, I'd suggest creating one on
developer.pidgin.im.

These are the current, recent, open bugs with MSN in the subject.
#12210 is too old to be the current issue.

Ticket  	 Summary
#12210 	MSN won't connect anymore
#12339 	"msn/*@hotmail.fr" contacts folded into non-existant "msn" email
address
#12387 	Pidgin crashes if MSN direct connections are enabled.
#12388 	Pidgin since 2.7.0. crashes msn live messenger clients

--
David Woolley