Pidgin

Glenn McMillan glenns at woosh.co.nz
Wed Jun 2 08:39:30 EDT 2010

Hey There,

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 along with Pidgin Instant Messenger v 2.6.6. I
have been to the website to see if there is a newer version of the linux
release (as I have just installed Pidgin onto a windows machine for my
partner and noticed the release was a later version).

Now, I am a little bit newbie when it comes to Linux, so im not exactly
sure how to upgrade the version I have after downloading the *.tar.bz2
file from the website. I have extracted it into my Downloads directory
but after running a './configure --disable-gtkui' I am getting the
following error:

configure: error:
You must have libxml2 >= 2.6.0 development headers installed to build.

I am not sure what libxml2 is but is there a debian download for this
release of Pidgin at all?

Regards,
Glenn McMillan

glenn at magiceffects.geek.nz MSN.