2.7.1 not localized

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Tue Jun 1 09:37:43 EDT 2010

2010/6/1 Виктор Лапин <lapin_vm at cpcr.ru>:
> When I install Pidgin 2.7.1, the installer has only 3 languages (Russian is
> not in the list). I check the "ru" checkbox during installation, but Pidgin
> remains English after installation... Am I doing something wrong or is it a
> bug? OS Win XP

As of 2.7.1, we only include translations for the installer that are
at least 50% complete.
There are currently 27 languages that qualify, the Russian translation
is, unfortunately, not one of them.  Hopefully the Russian translators
will be able t to

Checking the translation checkbox will install the translation, but
the language used during the installation will, by default, drive
which language is actually used at runtime.

See http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#HowdoesPidginforWindowsdeterminewhichlanguagetouse
for how to change the language.

-D