Pidgin problem

ja chenias at grajwkapsle.home.pl
Wed Jun 9 04:55:34 EDT 2010

Hi,
I use Pidgin 2.7.1 on windows xp (at work) and vista (home). since version
2.7.1 I've got a problem (both operating systems): trying to get an info
about a status description of a buddy (right button click on a buddy name
and choose "get an information") I do not receive any info. I can see a
window titled: information about a buddy, and notification: receiving...
and...nothing. I'm waiting, waiting and nothing. Any idea? I did not have
this problem with previous versions of Pidgin.
Thanks in advance!
Pawel