Suggestion

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Tue Jun 15 08:01:19 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 11:44:15AM -0300, Júlio César de França Pedrini wrote:
> Translated by Google Translator
> --
> If the login screen Pidgin was equal (or similar) with Windows Live
> Messenger, economies would be very comfortable using the software and bring
> more users to it. It would not be anything else, just the place to enter the
> login (or choose one already entered and saved before), place to enter the
> password, choose the "state" that wants to enter, and "service" use (MSN,
> AIM, Yahoo! ).
> Thank you for your attention and await response.

We use to get requests like this with some frequency but it has been some
amount of time since we last got it (that I can recall).

That being said our reasoning hasn't changed.

We cannot make the initial login screen look more the login screens of the
official clients for a number of reasons not least of which is the fact
that we support multiple accounts being signed in at the same time.

We used to have a single-account login screen, it caused a large number of
people to never notice that we supported multiple accounts at the same
time so we removed it. That helped immensely but (apparently) some people
are still unaware of this fact.

    -Etan