ICQ - Connection reset by peer

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Tue Jun 22 08:49:30 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 12:55, Christian <christian.tierfreund at web.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have in my Pidginwindow, if I want to connect my PC with the Internet,
> a message Connection reset by peer. I Cant log in me into the internet.
> I read something, that Pidgin asks too fast for the buddys and I think
> that this is the most possible problem...

It is hard to say what might be happening without debug output.
Please get a debug log (Help->Debug Window) from when it is trying to
connect.

The most common cause of that type of error is a network problem of
some variety (software firewall / need to use a proxy / etc).

> PS.: I would be happy to get an answer in German. :)

I'm afraid I can't help with this part. :)  It looks like your English
is better than my German.

-D