Version 2.6.4 instead of 2.6.6

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Tue Mar 2 09:07:45 EST 2010

On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 14:21:57 +0100
"Stanley F." <stanfoe at web.de> wrote:

> Yes, i've restarted pidgin.
>
> Also the previous version was 2.6.5 and not 2.6.4 so the string
> should have be 2.6.5 if your assuption would be right.

Well if the upgrade package was correct then the only possibility is
that there is another Pidgin installation somewhere else that is being
run instead of the one from the package.

Try 'which pidgin' from the command line, it will point to the binary
being run. See if that is the same location that the package thinks its
binary is located. If there is another copy then have you installed
Pidgin yourself at any point, built from source for instance?

BTW, please reply to the list and not to me directly otherwise other
people cannot follow the discussion.

--

Brian Morrison