Problem with SLIC "unable to connect"

VR Man vrman87 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 5 09:35:00 EST 2010

Well it would seem that I have solved my own issue.  Upon looking into
it further it would appear that The round-robin hostname address
*silc.silcnet.org* that is suppose to take you to some random server in
the SILCNet has some servers that are either no longer on the net or are
no longer for public use.  That is why I make it though once and a while
but not always.  Once I used a specific server that I did manage to
connect to recently (in this case silc.icore.at) everything worked
fine.  It would seem that one needs to put server address in directly
and not use the "automatic" system as it is out of date.