Hello, why i see this popup window in pidgin???

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sat Mar 6 12:22:34 EST 2010

David Woolley spake unto us the following wisdom:
> PS Please do not try to force replies off the mailing list (you had a
> Reply-To header set).

Please don't list police things like this.  Setting a Reply-To header
when sending to a mailing list (or when sending anywhere, for that
matter), is a perfectly normal thing to do.  This should not mess up
your mailer; reply, list reply, and group reply should all work the
same regardless of whether or not the sender set a Reply-To.  If they
do not, it is *your* problem, and not the sender's.

I'm noticing a number of dubious list etiquette posts lately (not just
from David, and this isn't to single him out -- his just happened to
be the email I replied to).  If you are not a Pidgin developer or
otherwise affiliated with the project, please refrain from correcting
general netiquette behaviors on this list.  When an individual user
makes such a correction, it makes it look like the Pidgin project is
making the correction, as most list readers don't know who is
affiliated and who is not.

Post-specific things like "please reply to the list instead of
directly to me" are fine, of course.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.