Leah Farber's Username and Password

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Mar 11 18:19:04 EST 2010

Ethan Blanton wrote:

> to have Pidgin installed on their computers by IT.  When these users
> go to the 'Help' menu, they are directed to us.  There is no reason
> for them to know that we cannot help them with local account problems
> unless they are familiar with open source software and open source
> support fora.

No IT department I've come across would give blanket permission for end
users, particularly non-technical ones, to contact software vendors
directly for support; it would just cause too many configuration
management problems for them.  (Many would consider IM clients banned
software - mine do.)

--
David Woolley