Connection Issues

MXit Support MailBox Support.MailBox at mxitlifestyle.com
Mon Mar 15 02:41:30 EDT 2010

Greetings,

Here is a simple way to test the connectivity for PC Client users from a PC to a MXit server using the Telnet command:

   1. Open a Command Prompt window (START button >Run... -or- Window-Key + 'R') and type in "cmd" (without the quotes) and hit OK. A Black window screen will appear with some Microsoft Windows information.

   2. Execute the Telnet command by typing the following:
         1. telnet pc.stream.mxit.com 9119 -or-
         2. telnet pc.poll.mxit.com 8080

   3. The following should result:
         1. If a connection was successfully established, then the command prompt window will be cleared of any text (leaving a black window). To exit, press Ctrl + ']', and then 'q'.
         2. If a connection was unable to be established, then a message similar to "Could not open connection to the host, on port 9119/8080: Connection failed"

Additional notes:

    * If port '8080' doesn't work, try port '80' as an alternative.
    * Vista users may need to install Telnet as an additional application (which was installed as standard with previous versions of Windows).
    * Users may need Administrator privileges to run the Telnet command.

Please reply with the results you see on the screen .

Regards,
MXit_Team

Ané Schoeman | Technical Support

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CAC41B.461EB8A0]