Pidgin problems.

Soul Quenching soulquenching at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 16 15:48:20 EDT 2010

Hello,
Every time I go to start Pidgin, I immediately get a "Pidgin has stopped working" alert.  I've rebooted a few times and still no luck.  Last night I downloaded the latest version of Pidgin, hoping it would correct it... no help.  I've used Pidgin on this computer for nearly a year without any problems and haven't made any major changes lately that would cause a conflict. How can I fix this without uninstalling and redownloading Pidgin again? I don't want to lose my settings, chat logs, etc.  Thanks, I appreciate your help.
PS: I can't find where on my computer the chat logs are stored.  Since I can't load/run Pidgin, I can't locate them through it. Where are they stored on the computer? Thanks again.