"Not authorized" after (re-)request authorization for Google Talk account

Donny donnybahama at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 17:47:06 EDT 2010

Using Pidgin 2.4.1 on Ubuntu 8.04, I was having problems messaging my wife,
so I re-requested authorization (via right-click in the buddy list). She
never got the auth request and now it says "Not Authorized" next to her name
in my buddy list. I had her re-request an authorization for me, hoping that
if I authorized her, the auth in the other direction would be implicit.
Well, I never got the auth request from her, either. Now we're both stuck
with "Not Authorized". Can anyone tell me how to fix this?