Parameters of the received message signal messed up?

Ovidiu M mrovi at interfete-web-club.com
Fri Mar 19 09:41:46 EDT 2010

Hello,

I wrote a perl plugin that displays new message notifications in KDE4.
It's working fine on my 64-bit Mandriva with Pidgin 2.6.6, but several
users complain that it's not working properly since they updated from
2.6.3 to 2.6.6.

Apparently, for the received-im-msg signal, with the parameters:

($account, $sender, $message, $conv, $flags, $data)

the sender and the message contain garbage,

and for the receiving-im-msg signal, with the same parameters,
$message is identical to $sender.

Any idea why this is happening? I can't figure out since I can't reproduce it.

You may take a look at their comments (there are also screenshots and
debug info) here:
http://code.google.com/p/pidgin-knotifications/issues/detail?id=2

If you want to test my code, just use the latest one attached in my
comments in the bug report. I just reused code from
libpurple/plugins/perl/scripts/signals-test.pl, so I guess you could
use that one too.

Thanks