how to sign in automatically w/ computer start up?

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Tue Mar 23 13:55:57 EDT 2010

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:39:52 -0700
"Jennifer Kelly" <jkelly at via-architecture.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know this is a very basic question, but I can't seem to find it
> anywhere on this site or by doing a google search.
>
> Is there a way to set a preference on pidgin so that it signs in
> automatically when I turn my computer on?

Yes, search for the Extended Preferences plugin, it provides an extra
prefs tab with a setting for that.

> As it is now, everyone at my firm has to manually start the program, and
> it makes it inefficient.

Another inefficiency is the amount of disclaimer text you posted to his
mailing list, if you read it you'll note that its provisions simply
cannot apply to anything sent to a mailing list. Please try to avoid
appending it again, and if it's set by your corporate IT people then
I'd suggest you get after them with a clue bat.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde