authorization request - user profile

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Mar 25 04:17:06 EDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 8:13 AM, janinka.iq007.de
<janinka.iq007 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a question: If I get an authorization request from someone on Pidgin,
> why does Pidgin just show the number and I can not click on it to see the
> profile of the user?
> How do I know who wants to be authorized?
> Can I change the settings somehow to activate this function?

Is this for the ICQ protocol?

If so, that feature has not been implemented yet so there is no way to
activate it.  As a workaround you should be able to go to
Buddies-->Get Info and type in the number.  There's actually an old
patch related to this that someone should probably look at:
http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/3207

--Mark