Segmentation Fault

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Sun Mar 28 04:17:13 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 6:58 AM, Carl Pickering
<Carl.Pickering at thehutgroup.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I’m having issues with the latest Ubuntu release of Pidgin on Ubuntu 9.10 (Linux sup08 2.6.31-20-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 12 05:23:09 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux)
>
> I’m using Pidgin to run WLM, and when it signs in, as its rendering my user list, it seg faults. Running pidgin –d, I can see lots of information, nothing important tho that i can see, just getting and building the list..
>
> I’ve removed pidgin using apt-get, I’ve deleted the ~/.purple folder and tried again..
>
> I’m not using a proxy server.
>
> Any one? Thank you

Hi Carl.  That's strange, I haven't heard anyone else report this
problem.  I imagine we'd need to see a backtrace to be able to
determine why it's crashing.  You may want to file a ticket in
Ubuntu's bug tracker.  More information here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Backtrace
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingProgramCrash

--Mark