Error loading pidgin.dll (Error 193)

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Sun Mar 28 12:22:26 EDT 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:05, Tom Kelly <tkelly at ussa.org> wrote:
> Pidgin has been working just fine but now I get "Error loading pidgin.dll
> (Error 193)" error. I've done complete uninstall (including deleting DLLs)
> and reinstall, same thing. Coincidentally, at the same time this problem
> occured with Pidgin, I also had my Java go bad on me. That was successfully
> deleted and reinstalled. While I've found some help notes on this problem,
> none of them provided sufficient direction.

It's hard to say what the exact cause is without more information.

My best guess is that you've installed something that either messed
with your system PATH such that incompatible DLLs are now being found
instead of the appropriate DLLs or it put incompatible DLLs in your
Windows\system32 directory.

It probably would be useful to think about what you might have change
around the time it stopped working.

Did you reinstall GTK+ or just Pidgin?  If you haven't reinstalled
GTK+, it would be a worthwhile thing to try.

-D