Windows multiple users

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Tue Mar 30 11:07:32 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 10:51, Mike Thompson <zryder94 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello everyone
> this may seem somewhat trivial, but I am having a hard time finding an
> option I am looking for.
> My wife and I share the same laptop, running Win7. We have 2 separate user
> logins. however, when I start pidgin from my login, it always shows her user
> names. How can I configure Pidgin to load different accounts for each user?
> Thanks.

What you're describing is not the default behavior.

Normally your accounts are specific to the OS user.  This can be
overridden using the "PURPLEHOME" environment variable
(http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#Whereismy.purpledirectory).

It sounds like you have "PURPLEHOME" set to the same value for both
users (probably be cause it is set as a System Environment variable).
Changing this should restore the default behavior (which is apparently
what you want).

-D