Problems with localisation and spell checking selections

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Thu May 13 07:59:08 EDT 2010

I downloaded the offline installer version of Pidgin 2.7.0, on running
it I selected the en_GB localisation and UK English spell checking
options, but due to a problem with firewall authentication it was
unable to get to the OpenOffice site to download the dictionary files.

Might make sense to provide alternative instructions as to how to
get and what to do with the en_GB.zip file that it attempts to
download. I'm now trying to work out what to do with the files in
the zip.

--

Brian Morrison