facebook chat

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Thu May 13 10:46:02 EDT 2010

Josh Black spake unto us the following wisdom:
> i am pretty new to ubuntu, i am trying to use facebook chat with pidgin by
> using xmpp protocol, i entered all the information correctly as instructed
> on facebook. it is still giving me the invalid xmpp id message/

This almost certainly means that you did not enter the information
correctly.

Make sure that you put only the portion before the @ in the username
field, and only the portion after the @ in the domain field.  Also,
make sure that you are using the username provided on the facebook
page, which may be a numeric ID.  If you still cannot log in, delete
your pidgin facebook account and recreate it.  If you still cannot log
in, try changing your password on facebook.com and then changing your
Pidgin facebook password to match.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.