GTK Theme in Pidgin 2.7.0

Phillip Meyer p.meyer at live.com
Tue May 18 00:35:02 EDT 2010

I recently updated to Pidgin 2.7.0 and am using the GTK2 Appearance changer but cannot get the themes to change anymore.  In the previous version, I could change the theme using the GTK program, tell Pidgin to re-read the GTKRC files, and POOF - the theme would change.  Now nothing happens.  The themes are installed in the Common Files\GTK\2.0\share\ directory by default by the GTK installer.  I'm using Windows 7 64-bit.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Phil