A question regarding voice calls

Dayron Armas Peña armas at ict.upr.edu.cu
Thu May 20 13:30:03 EDT 2010

Hello.
I downloaded and installed Pidgin 2.7.0 on my Windows XP SP3 computer. I did
this because I read in some place I can't remember that this version
supports voice calls. Is this true? I ask because after installing and
configuring it to connect to my gtalk account, it connects without trouble,
it loads my buddy list, but I can't see any option in any menu to start a
voice call. If it is possible but I'm missing something that can be solved,
I have another questions. Could I start or receive a voice call to or from
another buddy in my list, taking into account that we both are connecting to
gtalk, but I'm behind a squid proxy? The voice protocol in pidgin works
point to point or it works through the gtalk server?
I would thank a lot any help.
A Pidgin user.