Problems with localisation and spell checking selections

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Fri May 21 13:20:25 EDT 2010

On Thu, 13 May 2010 16:38:12 +0100
Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

> This one is definitely not your fault, it's a problem with my work
> machine where it simply won't allow access to the web proxy server
> unless it's via a browser. Maybe now I can get it fixed as I use
> Pidgin for work and I should be able to install it without hassles :)

Right, well our proxy now allows access to the GTK+ zip file and to the
debug symbols, however when Pidgin tries to download the spell checker
dictionaries it fails because

http://ftp.services.openoffice.org/pub/OpenOffice.org/contrib/

seems to be an empty directory. Have the dictionaries moved elsewhere?
I'm sure the previous info here

http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Installing%20Pidgin#manual_win32_spellcheck_installation

pointed to a different download location.

--

Brian Morrison