Deleting a Chat Room

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Fri May 21 15:01:01 EDT 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 08:51:39AM -0700, sunblade wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to delete a persistent chat room from the Pidgin
> interface? Adding and joining works great but I also need to have the
> ability to delete rooms. Btw, the server is run by jabberd.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Cheers,
> Alan

You want to delete the room from the room list on the server? Or from the
pidgin buddy list?

Deleting from the buddy list is in the right-click menu.

I'm unsure if we provide a convenient way of deleting the room from the
server, but setting the room to non-persistent and clearing it will do
that.

    -Etan