Pidgin Update Notifier

Francois Botha igitur at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 18:27:06 EDT 2010

> The Barracuda Web Filter does the same thing.  I've heard other reports of this.
>
> I guess I'm not sure that we can reasonably work around this without
> adding some sort of magic token to the response that we look for
> (ugh).
>
> -D

I don't have the exact URL offhand anymore, but I remember it was just
a plain-text response with a number. Can't remember whether it
included periods as well.

A basic regex test should take care of it, right? I doubt a proxy
server will ever return a page that looks similar to the update page.

Francois