Command line history does not work for me (emacs mode)

Jose Garcia Juanino jjuanino at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 11:02:10 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have pidgin-2.7.3 running on FreeBSD, and I would like to use CTRL+P
to edit the previous line. But it does not work: when I hit CTRL+P, the
cursor moves to the begining of the the current line, instead of to edit
the previous one.

This is my $HOME/.purple/gtkrc-2.0

######## START OF gtkrc-2.0
# Create a style called "inverted" where the text and base (the base color behind the widget) are the reverse of typical.
style "inverted"
{
   text[NORMAL] = "#FFFFFF"
   base[NORMAL] = "#000000"

  # Change the color of hyperlinks.
  GtkIMHtml::hyperlink-color = "#F40A80"
  # Change the color of the nick in highlighted messages, e.g. messages containing your nick
  GtkIMHtml::highlight-name-color = "#FFEA00"

}

# Apply "inverted" to conversation entry box--where you type.
widget "*pidgin_conv_entry" style "inverted"

# Apply "inverted" to conversation history pane--where you read the conversation.
widget "*pidgin_conv_imhtml" style "inverted"

widget_class "*Box*" style "inverted"

gtk-key-theme-name = "Emacs"

#### END OF gtkrc-2.0

What am I doing wrong? Am I misunderstanding something?

Best regards