changing buddy icons

V S Rawat vsrawat at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 06:51:03 EDT 2010

On 11/5/2010 11:59 PM India Time, _Etan Reisner_ wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 11:41:59PM +0530, V S Rawat wrote:
>> The default pidgin provides same buddy icon for all accounts.
>>
>> That is quite odd. It is suggested that it should give at least a few
>> options to select different buddy icons for at least 3-4 accounts. On
>> clicking to change the icon, it opens a folder and I don't know how to
>> select a different icon from that folder if there are icons in that.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Rawat
>
> The buddy icon selector in the buddy list window is for all your accounts.
> If you want per-account buddy icons look in the Modify Account dialog for
> those accounts.
>
> I have no idea what you mean about choosing an icon but if you can't
> navigate a file selection dialog I'm not sure I can really help with that.
>
> As you may have noticed had you spent any time actually trying to look up
> the information for any of these questions yourself you likely would have
> succeeded. In the future please do that before writing four emails
> back-to-back.
>
> This really isn't acceptable behaviour. We aren't here to do your thinking
> for you.

I have found this list and joined it to learn about pidgin, so it is
not that I am not doing anything myself. First of all, I myself
searched that there is a software pidgin and tried that and found that
it is great.

some starter links would be needed to get me going and then I will
read them and also bookmark them for future references.

>      -Etan

Thanks.
--
Rawat