Please make a log change

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Tue Nov 9 14:29:19 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 01:23:07PM -0500, Phillip Vong wrote:
> I would love to use pidgin in our work enviroment but for compliance
> reasons, I can not because it's not in compliance.  I need to be able to
> keep records of the conversation.  Please give us an option to assign a
> location for log files.
>
> Thanks!
> Phil

Do you need to be able to keep log files separately from the normal pidgin
user data? Because if not then you can already do this. See the FAQ.

In fact on non-Windows platforms you can already set just the logs to a
different location with a symlink, Windows just makes that slightly more
difficult to set up.

That being said any sort of solution at this level would be subject to the
user not manually breaking it.

    -Etan