Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Launchpad repo not updating past 2.7.3

Troy McGuire quincunx55555 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 14:56:46 EST 2010

Hello all,

A while back Pidgin had some issues with (I think) Yahoo's protocol, or addressing and I came across instructions on pidgin.im on how to add their own repository to my repo sources so I could always get the latest version.

This has worked fine until a few months ago.  At first I assumed that there was some glitch that would get fixed that would allow it to update again.  However, ICQ isn't working for me and I noticed that I'm two versions behind.  Is this because I haven't upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid?  Or did the address to the repo change?

What I currently have listed is:
http://ppa.launchpad.net/pidgin-developers/ppa/ubuntu karmic main

Thanks in advance for any information that can shed some light on the subject for me.

-Troy