Pidgin Error - Validate Certificate Error

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Thu Nov 18 05:54:27 EST 2010

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 04:45:42 -0600 (CST)
"Jason Davis" <jason at mushypeas.net> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to log into Pidgin using my MSN account and I am
> constantly receiving the following error:
>
> Unable to validate certificate
>
> The certificate for omega.msn.com could not be validated,  The
> certificate chain presented is invalid.
>
> Any help on ths would be great :)

Which version of Pidgin? And what platform (I assume it's Windows, but
am not certain).

Have you applied the Windows Update Root Certificate updates that come
along from time to time? If the root cert is out of date then this is a
possible result.

--

Brian Morrison