Pidgin 2.7.3 on Maemo5 - SSL certificates for MSN invalid

Marvin "Crazy Al" Jansen Crazy-Al at live.nl
Sun Nov 21 08:35:14 EST 2010

Dear sir/madam,

as you probably know, Pidgin on Maemo has been having difficulties with the MSN certificates, omega.contacts.msn.com in particular. I tried fixing this by searching on Google, but it did me no help. The two most useful sites were on maemo.org (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65926&highlight=pidgin+certificate) and on tweakers.net (http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/35061610#35061610) (Dutch). Basically, I'm stuck. According to these I would need to delete the omega.contacts.msn.com certificates and it would automatically redownload them, but this is not the case. Is there some way to fix this? Due to network issues (Yay netherlands!) the only working IM on N900 is Pidgin, and now I've lost that too.

Is there a way to fix this?

Kind regards,
Marvin Jansen,
The Netherlands