QQ and pidgin 2.7.6

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Tue Nov 23 02:42:42 EST 2010

Jim He wrote:
> Hello, I am a pidgin user and I noticed that the QQ protocol does not
> work correctly after pidgin 2.7.3. Even when I have friends online, they
> do not show up. Thank you for any help on this.

I believe this is related to the version of QQ, not the version of
Pidgin.  You need to find a QQ user who has the necessary skills to
reverse engineer the changes in QQ and contribute updates to Pidgin.
Remember that Pidgin is maintained by volunteers.

The Change Log suggests there have been no QQ specific changes since
before version 2.6.0.

--
David Woolley