Buddy icon

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Tue Nov 23 07:28:24 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:00:35AM +0000, Tom Crawley wrote:
>  Hi
> I was wondering, is it possible for me to view my own buddy icon? I can see other people's and they can see mine, but how can I set it so that mine is visible to me?
>
> Thanks
> Tom

Where are you trying to see this?

For protocols that allow you to add yourself to your buddy list you should
be able to do that and see your icon if you want.

If you set the icon for the account in pidgin (and possibly even remotely,
though I'm not sure) you should be able to see it in the Modify Account dialog.

If you set the icon for all your accounts in pidgin globally then you will
be able to see it in the global buddy icon selector near the status
selector at the bottom of the buddy list.

If you are wanting to see this in the conversation window (the way I
understand the official MSN client displays your buddy icon as well as
your friend's buddy icon) then I don't believe you can (at least not
without finding or writing a plugin to add it).

    -Etan