installing Pidgin plugins on install

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue Nov 23 13:35:36 EST 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 10:34 -0600, Jarrod Larsen wrote:
> I am installing Pidgin and would like to have the "Windows Pidgin
> Option" setup upon install. How do you do that so that you don't have
> to manually go to each computer and set the correct setting?

You can setup a prefs.xml file that has the default settings you want
and the install that in COMMON_APPDATA\purple\prefs.xml. You can find
the COMMON_APPDATA folder by typing this into Start->Run (note the
space): shell:Common AppData

Keep in mind that this file is only read when the user doesn't already
have a prefs.xml of their own.

Richard