Request Product Information for Windows7 Compatibility

Vishnu Abhrapudi (Tata Consultancy Services) v-viabhr at microsoft.com
Tue Nov 23 23:39:56 EST 2010

Dear Partner,
I am a representative of the Windows 7 Compatibility Team at Microsoft. As a valued partner, we would like to work with you to ensure your product Pidgin is accurately represented on the Windows 7 Compatibility Center.<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Software&p=Pidgin&v=Pidgin&uid=2&l=en&pf=0&pi=0&s=Pidgin&os=64-bit>
The Windows 7 Compatibility Center<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/default.aspx> is the main place consumers and small businesses search for compatibility information from Microsoft. The Windows 7 Compatibility Center<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/default.aspx> is localized in 12 languages and 17 markets around the world. In October alone, there were over 3 million visits to the site and over 11 million page views on the site. And, since the launch of Windows 7 in October of 2009 there have been over 25 million unique visitors to the site.
Your product was one of the top most viewed products for the category Communication & Internet/ Email & Messaging. For the benefit of our mutual customers, we would like to provide an accurate compatibility status for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of your product.
Please fill out the table below to let us know the compatibility status is for your product Pidgin for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7. If you are unsure how to categorize your product please see the compatibility definitions below.
Product: Pidgin        Version: 2.5
Compatibility Status with Windows 7 (mark x for your app's correct status)

OS Type

Compatible

Free Update Required

Paid Update Required

Not Compatible

32-bit

64-bit

Please provide the correct URL to the update

Please provide the correct URL to the update

Languages  (mark x for the languages in which your product ships)

English

Spanish

German

Japanese

French

Russian

Chinese- Simplified

Chinese- Traditional

Dutch

Italian

Portuguese (Brazil)

Korean

Other

Compatibility Definitions:
"Compatible" means that the software publisher stats this product works with 32-bit and/or 64-bit Windows(r) 7. Please note that these applications have not undergone Microsoft Windows Logo Program (WLP) compatibility tests.
"Compatible - Windows 7 Logo" means this product met Microsoft's testing requirements for compatibility with 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7. To earn the "Compatible with Windows 7" logo, software and hardware must pass Microsoft designed installation, performance, reliability, and security tests.
 "Free update required" means the software publisher offers a free upgrade to a newer version which the software publisher states is compatible with 32-bit and/or 64-bit Windows 7.  These applications have not undergone Microsoft WLP compatibility tests.
"Paid update required" means the software publisher offers a fee-based upgrade to a newer version which the software publisher states is compatible with 32-bit and/or 64-bit Windows 7.  These applications have not undergone Microsoft WLP compatibility tests.
"Not compatible" means the software publisher stated this product is not compatible, or does not work with 32-bit and/or 64-bit Windows 7.
We look forward to hearing from you so we can work together to provide a better experience for our mutual customers.

Sincerely,
Vishnu Abhrapudi
v-viabhr at microsoft.com<mailto:v-viabhr at microsoft.com>