Bug Report--- New Instance of Previously Reported Bug

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Thu Oct 7 13:34:51 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 12:33, Anna E. M. Holt <aeholt at cogsci.ucsd.edu> wrote:
> Hello--
>
> I am having the same issues as this bug report:
> http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/12698
>
> I have the same type of computer (IdeaPad, Lenovo, running Windows 7
> Professional.)
>
> When I type in pidgin, it replaces my keyboard characters (lowercase) with
> numbers, and uppercase ones with special characters.
>
> Have there been any fixes made available for this? I cannot use pidgin at
> all. I have wiped pidgin entirely from my harddrive, and reinstalled. It
> didn't make the problem go away.

It looks like the IdeaPad is the common theme here.

I suspect it is some sort of bad interaction between something in the
Lenovo software/drivers and GTK+.

It is going to be difficult for anyone on our end to be able to
suggest any sort of solution for a problem like this caused by 3rd
party software.

-D