pidgin 2.7.3 and video problem

J. Bakshi j.bakshi at unlimitedmail.org
Sun Oct 17 06:16:53 EDT 2010

Dear list,

My box is debian squeeze with amd64 architecture. The pidgin version is 2.7.3

I have no problem to do chat with gtalk user using xmpp protocol. But the video & audio/video call is always in a disable state. only audio call is in active state though the other party can't listen me !!! I already have the following gstreamer installed in my box

``````````````
ii  bluez-gstreamer                      4.66-1                       Bluetooth GStreamer support
ii  gstreamer0.10-nice                   0.0.12-1                     ICE library (GStreamer plugin)
ii  gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad            0.10.19-2+b2                 GStreamer plugins from the "bad" set
ii  gstreamer0.10-plugins-base           0.10.30-1                    GStreamer plugins from the "base" set
ii  gstreamer0.10-plugins-good           0.10.24-1                    GStreamer plugins from the "good" set
ii  gstreamer0.10-x                      0.10.30-1                    GStreamer plugins for X11 and Pango
ii  libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0      0.10.30-1                    GStreamer libraries from the "base" set
ii  libgstreamer0.10-0                   0.10.30-1                    Core GStreamer libraries and elements

Is something still missing here ?

One more issue is, file transfer with gtalk user. How can I activate the file transfer ?

Please suggest,

Thanks