Struggling with compilation of pidgin for windows

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Thu Oct 21 16:28:29 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:52, Kontostathis, April
<akontostathis at ursinus.edu> wrote:
> Thanks for the tip.  Using the full Mingw seems to have helped.
>
> I am making progress.  Currently it is not finding the standard c/c++ include libraries (stdio.h, locale.h, etc.), but that is a start  (at least it is running something now!).  Will keep plugging away at it.  If you have any insight on the include problem, please let me know!

I'm afraid you've been a little unlucky in this process (mainly
because nobody else had tried to set up a new mingw gcc installation
since sourceforge moved stuff around).

I've fixed all the links in the wiki now - thanks for bringing the
breakage to our attention.

Your current problem is because the "full" mingw package, while
containing everything needed for gcc, doesn't contain the win32-api.
You'll need to also download and extract that
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/BaseSystem/RuntimeLibrary/Win32-API/w32api-3.14/w32api-3.14-mingw32-dev.tar.gz/download)
into the same directory as you extracted the mingw package.

-D