Problem with AIM Chat via Pidgin

Mistee mistee at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 02:18:45 EDT 2010

I have been using the Pidgin client for a few years now and I must say I
love it and try to recommend it whenever I can.

However I have come upon an issue I do not know how to solve. The problem I
have is that I am no longer able to talk in a chat room; either my own or
one I am invited to. I can join and see other people's text, but I am unable
to reply. No matter what I type; one word or one sentence, I am given the
error message "Unable to send message: The message is too large." every time
I try to send text through the chat. I have done nothing different than I
normally do aside from updating my Pidgin client. I have updated to the
current version of 2.7.4 from 2.7.1 (not too much of a jump) and the chat
feature was working just fine before I updated. I do not know what is
causing this, but I cannot think of anything that I might have done
differently aside from updating nor do I have any idea on how to fix this
issue. Also, I run on Vista with latest updates.

Thank you very much,
- Mistee