Comodo would like to white-list your software

whitelisting at comodo.com whitelisting at comodo.com
Tue Oct 26 06:22:10 EDT 2010

Hi

This email is to request that you allow us to white-list your company's
software so that it will run without interruption on products such as
Comodo Internet Security. Comodo creates software for authenticating
individuals, business websites and securing Windows based computers.

Comodo Internet Security uses a default deny system of protection,
whereby unknown executables (those that are neither black-listed nor
white-listed) will generate alerts or will be executed in a sandbox
environment.

We wish to move your software from 'unknown' to 'known' by white-listing
your software. To do this, we first need you to provide us with the
binaries of your software. We then will create a signature of these
binaries which will be added to the global, cloud based, white-list that
is referenced by products such as Comodo Internet Security. Your
software will then be automatically trusted by CIS and will not generate
any alerts upon installation or operation. You will be notified via
email once your software has been white-listed.

1. Provide us an ftp login from where we can download and whitelist all
the software that you provide to our common clients. Alternatively, we
can provide you with an FTP location. Please email
whitelisting at comodo.com for further details on this.
2. Keep us up to date with the new releases of your software by emailing
us at whitelisting at comodo.com or by placing binaries in the FTP upload
location.
White-listing software such as yours is a mutually beneficial exercise –
meaning our common user-base benefits from the smoothest experience when
using both our products. The white-listing service is, of course,
completely free of charge.

Comodo Internet Security is one of the world's most popular antivirus
and firewall products, has a user base running into the hundreds of
thousands and has taken up almost permanent residency at the top of the
Matousec proactive security challenge -
http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge/results.php

Thank you for considering this request. It will help improve the
effectiveness of both our products and so contribute to providing
highest levels of security and usability to users worldwide.

--
Kind Regards
Bogdan Rotariu

Comodo Security Solutions, Inc.
525 Washington Blvd.,
Jersey City,
NJ 07310
United States

www.comodo.com    www.secure-email.comodo.com    www.enterprisessl.com
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by replying to the e-mail containing this attachment. Replies to this email may be monitored by Comodo for operational or business reasons. Whilst every endeavour is taken to ensure that e-mails are free from viruses, no liability can be accepted and the recipient is requested to use their own virus checking software.