Problem with Facebook Plugin

Kevin Stange kstange at pidgin.im
Thu Oct 28 01:03:45 EDT 2010

On 10/27/2010 09:15 PM, Matt W wrote:
> I can't get my facebook plugin to stay connected and when I try to
> enable it captcha appears and no matter how many times I type the words
> correctly it doesnt connect to facebook chat. Can you tell me what can I
> do to fix this so it works?

The Facebook plugin is not maintained or supported by Pidgin developers.
 However, you can use the included XMPP plugin to access Facebook Chat
as well and avoid the captcha functionality.  If you have issues with
the XMPP plugin, it is fully supported and we will be happy to assist
you here.

See the following for more information:

http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Protocol%20Specific%20Questions#HowdoIconfiguremyFacebookChataccount

http://www.facebook.com/sitetour/chat.php